Recipe: Veggie Hummus Collard Wraps
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:45 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 12:57 p.m. PT
Collard greens make a great swap for tortillas in any of your favorite recipes.
- 2 large collard green leaves, stems shaved to remove
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup finely shredded cabbage
- ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ avocado, peeled, halved, and sliced
- ½ cup microgreens
- 2 tablespoons roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- Bring a wide skillet filled with water to a boil.
- Using tongs, dip the collard leaves in the water for a minute or two or until they are slightly softened. Set aside to cool.
- One at a time lay leaves on a cutting board and spread with half of the hummus almost all the way to the edges of the leaf.
- In the center, layer half of the veggies and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Tuck the bottom of the leaf over the veggies, tightly. Fold the sides in and continue rolling, placing the seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining leaf and filling.