Recipe: Veggie Hummus Collard Wraps
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:45 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 12:57 p.m. PT
Collard greens make a great swap for tortillas in any of your favorite recipes.
- 2 large collard green leaves, stems shaved to remove
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup finely shredded cabbage
- ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ avocado, peeled, halved, and sliced
- ½ cup microgreens
- 2 tablespoons roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- Bring a wide skillet filled with water to a boil.
- Using tongs, dip the collard leaves in the water for a minute or two or until they are slightly softened. Set aside to cool.
- One at a time lay leaves on a cutting board and spread with half of the hummus almost all the way to the edges of the leaf.
- In the center, layer half of the veggies and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Tuck the bottom of the leaf over the veggies, tightly. Fold the sides in and continue rolling, placing the seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining leaf and filling.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA