Recipe: Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:44 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 1:04 p.m. PT
You won’t miss buffalo wings with these tasty wraps!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce of choice (plus more for serving)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 head large leaf lettuce (bibb, butter, etc.)
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 stalks, celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup quartered grape tomatoes
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, chickpeas, hot sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add chickpea mixture and cook until liquid has mostly evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve on a platter with all components to build your own.
- Fill lettuce leaves with a bit of chickpea, blue cheese, diced celery, onions, and tomatoes, and drizzle with a bit more hot sauce if desired.