Recipe: Strawberry Kale Salad with Citrus Miso Dressing
Last updated: March 22, 2023, at 5:00 a.m. PT
Originally published: July 23, 2020, at 10:39 a.m. PT
This nutritional powerhouse salad is packed full of flavor AND immune boosting ingredients!
Yields: 4 Servings
Total Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almond slivers
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Set aside.
- Chop kale leaves into bite sized pieces and place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to massage the kale until it is softened and dark green.
- Scatter the onion, carrot, strawberries, walnuts or almonds, garbanzo beans, and feta cheese on top of the kale.
- Drizzle the salad with prepared dressing, to taste.
- Toss salad to incorporate all ingredients and enjoy.
TIP: You can assemble the salad ahead of time and top with dressing when you're ready to serve!