Recipe: Strawberry Kale Salad with Citrus Miso Dressing
Last updated: March 22, 2023, at 5:00 a.m. PT
Originally published: July 23, 2020, at 10:39 a.m. PT
This nutritional powerhouse salad is packed full of flavor AND immune boosting ingredients!
Yields: 4 Servings
Total Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almond slivers
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Set aside.
- Chop kale leaves into bite sized pieces and place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to massage the kale until it is softened and dark green.
- Scatter the onion, carrot, strawberries, walnuts or almonds, garbanzo beans, and feta cheese on top of the kale.
- Drizzle the salad with prepared dressing, to taste.
- Toss salad to incorporate all ingredients and enjoy.
TIP: You can assemble the salad ahead of time and top with dressing when you're ready to serve!
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA