Recipe: Spicy Moroccan Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
Last updated: October 30, 2023, at 2:50 p.m. PT
Originally published: October 30, 2023, at 2:50 p.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons harissa paste, divided
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, salt and two tablespoons of harissa until well combined
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet, pour harissa mixture over the top and toss until evenly coated.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove from the oven, add remaining harissa, and bake for about five more minutes – or until caramelized.
- In a small bowl, whisk tahini, honey, and lemon juice – add a bit of water a teaspoon at a time, until you reach a consistency so you can drizzle the sauce.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and drizzle with tahini sauce.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper and parsley.
- This is excellent served with cous cous or quinoa or alongside your favorite grilled protein.