Recipe: Saucy Peanut Noodle Salad
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 3:06 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 9:58 a.m. PT
This is best served cold or at room temperature.
- 16 oz whole wheat noodles
- ½ cup creamy all -natural peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili paste
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups torn lettuce greens(arugula, bibb, romaine, etc.)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Pan Seared Tofu (recipe here)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by whisking together the peanut butter and water until smooth. Slowly add lime juice, vinegar, tamari, maple syrup, sesame oil, ginger and chili paste until emulsified.
- When pasta has one minute left on its cooking time, add carrots and bell peppers. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Toss the noodles with sauce and add fresh herbs.
- Serve by laying greens on a serving platter, top with saucy noodles, English cucumbers, and tofu, garnishing with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes.