Recipe: Saucy Peanut Noodle Salad
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 3:06 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 9:58 a.m. PT
This is best served cold or at room temperature.
- 16 oz whole wheat noodles
- ½ cup creamy all -natural peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili paste
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups torn lettuce greens(arugula, bibb, romaine, etc.)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Pan Seared Tofu (recipe here)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by whisking together the peanut butter and water until smooth. Slowly add lime juice, vinegar, tamari, maple syrup, sesame oil, ginger and chili paste until emulsified.
- When pasta has one minute left on its cooking time, add carrots and bell peppers. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Toss the noodles with sauce and add fresh herbs.
- Serve by laying greens on a serving platter, top with saucy noodles, English cucumbers, and tofu, garnishing with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA