Recipe: Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 8:33 a.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 8:20 a.m. PT
Enjoy as a spread or a dip served with cut veggies and whole wheat pita bread.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper•1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove any loose papers from the garlic, leaving the head in tact.
- Slice the top off of the garlic, to just barely expose the top of each clove.
- Place trimmed garlic on a large piece of foil and drizzle with avocado oil and wrap tightly.
- Roast for about 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Set aside to cool.
- Place beans, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, pepper, cayenne and salt into a food processor.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of the skins into the food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time, if needed to loosen the dip.