Recipe: Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip
Last updated: May 4, 2021, at 8:33 a.m. PT
Originally published: May 4, 2021, at 8:20 a.m. PT
Enjoy as a spread or a dip served with cut veggies and whole wheat pita bread.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper•1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove any loose papers from the garlic, leaving the head in tact.
- Slice the top off of the garlic, to just barely expose the top of each clove.
- Place trimmed garlic on a large piece of foil and drizzle with avocado oil and wrap tightly.
- Roast for about 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Set aside to cool.
- Place beans, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, pepper, cayenne and salt into a food processor.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of the skins into the food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time, if needed to loosen the dip.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA