Recipe: Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto
Last updated: August 9, 2021, at 9:26 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 3, 2021, at 11:29 a.m. PT
- 2 bunches carrots with greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the stems from the carrots and set aside the greens.
- Slice carrots in half, lengthwise.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes – or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, place the pistachios, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, carrot greens and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Pulse several times, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add two tablespoons of oil and process until it is not quite smooth.
- Loosen the pesto with 2 tablespoons of water if needed.
- Toss the roasted carrots with the desired amount of pesto.