Recipe: Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto
Last updated: August 9, 2021, at 9:26 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 3, 2021, at 11:29 a.m. PT
- 2 bunches carrots with greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the stems from the carrots and set aside the greens.
- Slice carrots in half, lengthwise.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes – or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, place the pistachios, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, carrot greens and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Pulse several times, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add two tablespoons of oil and process until it is not quite smooth.
- Loosen the pesto with 2 tablespoons of water if needed.
- Toss the roasted carrots with the desired amount of pesto.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA