Recipe: Peanut Butter Protein Granola
Last updated: June 4, 2020, at 12:38 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 28, 2020, at 8:29 a.m. PT
Store-bought granola is often full of oils, sugar, and additives. Make this simple and tasty version at home with just a few ingredients.
Yields: 2½ cups
Total Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and maple syrup and whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Break apart and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight jar.