Recipe: Grain Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
Last updated: December 3, 2020, at 1:29 p.m. PT
Originally published: November 30, 2020, at 1:24 p.m. PT
This healthy treat is full of all the flavors of the season without all the sugar and refined flours.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Organic, unbleached sugar for rolling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and whisk coconut oil, coconut sugar, molasses, egg, and vanilla together.
- Add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Mix until dough is formed.
- Use a scoop to measure and roll dough into balls. Roll in sugar if desired.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Gently flatten dough with a glass.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.