Recipe: Fall Squash and Cous Cous Salad
Last updated: October 30, 2023, at 2:51 p.m. PT
Originally published: October 30, 2023, at 2:51 p.m. PT
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pearl cous cous, cooked according to package
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, leaves only, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss squash with olive oil, smoked paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-35 minutes or until tender.
- In a jar, combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, zest, honey, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Tighten with a lid and shake until emulsified.
- In a mixing bowl, combine roasted squash, cooked cous cous, cranberries, pecans, onion, and kale.
- Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat and serve with remaining dressing on the side.