Recipe: Delicious Dips
Last updated: July 29, 2020, at 8:37 a.m. PT
Originally published: July 29, 2020, at 8:37 a.m. PT
Both of these delicious dips use similar contents. Using this template, you can make Baba Ganoush or Hummus by simply swapping one ingredient!
Primary Ingredients (Pick One)
2 small-to-medium roasted* eggplants
2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut your eggplant in half and brush both sides with a bit of olive oil. Place cut side down on a parchment lined baking dish. Roast for 35 minutes or until very
tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Scoop out the flesh and discard skins.
- Place your primary ingredient (chickpeas OR roasted eggplant) into a blender or food processor bowl.
- Add the other ingredients - except for the olive oil and pulse to roughly blend.
- Carefully, with the food processor (or blender) running, drizzle the olive oil into the mixture.
- Continue to process until smooth.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time if your dip seems dry.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve drizzled with a bit more olive oil and a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Enjoy with toasted whole wheat pita bread and cut veggies.