Recipe: Deconstructed Sushi Jars
Last updated: March 18, 2021, at 7:49 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 18, 2021, at 7:47 p.m. PT
You can swap the lox with baked tofu for a vegetarian version.
• 2-3 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
• 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
• ¼ avocado
• Lemon juice
• ¼ cup matchstick carrots
• ¼ cup matchstick cucumber
• 3 ounces lox or leftover cooked salmon
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
• ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
• ½ nori sheet toasted and crumbled
1. Using a pint-sized mason jar, layer the jar by first adding the tamari, then the rice.
2. Roughly mash the avocado and mix in a few drops of lemon juice and then layer on top of the rice.
3. Add the carrots, cucumber, lox, green onions, and sesame seeds.
4. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
5. Top with crumbled nori just before serving.
6. Shake or pour into a bowl and enjoy!