Recipe: Burrito Bowl in a Jar
Last updated: March 18, 2021, at 7:55 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 18, 2021, at 7:52 p.m. PT
This is a great way to use up leftovers for a quick dinner on the go.
• 1 medium sweet potato, diced
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
• ½ cup corn kernels
• ½ cup Pico de Gallo
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro
• 1 avocado mashed
• ½ lime, juiced
• Shredded lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Toss sweet potato with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender –about 30 minutes.
3. In four, pint-sized mason jars, layer 1/2 cup cooked rice, and ¼ each of the roasted sweet potato, black beans, corn, Pico de Gallo, and cilantro.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. When ready to eat, warm the burrito jars in the microwave until hot.
6. Add lime juice to avocado and layer that and the lettuce on top and enjoy!
Allow the jars to rest at room temperature for a few moments before reheating to avoid shocking the cold glass jars in the microwave.