Recipe: Chia Pudding Breakfast Parfait
Last updated: March 18, 2021, at 7:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 18, 2021, at 7:36 p.m. PT
• 4 tablespoons chia seeds
• 1 cup milk of choice
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 2 teaspoons maple syrup
• ½ cup chopped strawberries
• ½ cup blueberries
• 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- Mix chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest, maple syrup and set aside for 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- In a small bowl, mash strawberries with a fork and add a few drops of lemon juice.
- In a second small bowl, mash blueberries with a fork with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Add ¼ of the chia mixture to the bottom of an 8 oz mason jar.
- Top with half of the blueberries, another ¼ of the chia mixture and half of the strawberry mixture.
- Repeat using a second 8 oz mason jar.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve topped with toasted coconut flakes.