Recipe: Chia Pudding Breakfast Parfait
Last updated: March 18, 2021, at 7:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 18, 2021, at 7:36 p.m. PT
• 4 tablespoons chia seeds
• 1 cup milk of choice
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 2 teaspoons maple syrup
• ½ cup chopped strawberries
• ½ cup blueberries
• 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- Mix chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest, maple syrup and set aside for 15 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- In a small bowl, mash strawberries with a fork and add a few drops of lemon juice.
- In a second small bowl, mash blueberries with a fork with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Add ¼ of the chia mixture to the bottom of an 8 oz mason jar.
- Top with half of the blueberries, another ¼ of the chia mixture and half of the strawberry mixture.
- Repeat using a second 8 oz mason jar.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve topped with toasted coconut flakes.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA