Recipe: Build Your Own Tea Blend
Last updated: January 27, 2022, at 2:22 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 27, 2022, at 2:22 p.m. PT
- Dried peppermint leaves
- Dried lavender buds
- Dried chamomile flowers
- Dried lemon peel
- Dried orange Peel
- Dried black, green or rooibos tea
- Dried cinnamon bark chips
- Dried ginger pieces (chopped, not ground)
- Whole cloves
- Lavender Chamomile
- 1 part lavender : 1 part chamomile
- Lemon Lavender Peppermint
- 1 part lemon: 1 part lavender : 1 part peppermint
- Orange Chamomile
- 1 part orange : 1 part chamomile
- Spiced Chai
- 4 parts rooibos (or other) tea : 1 part cinnamon bark : ¼ part cloves : ¼ part ginger
- Mix desired quantities together and store in an airtight container.
- To serve, steep 1 tablespoon of tea in 8 ounces of boiling water for 5 minutes.
Make your own dried lemon peel, orange peel and ginger pieces by using a vegetable peeler to create thin strips. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Lay strips in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 2 hours or until completely dry. Cool completely and chop finely for use in tea blends.