Recipe: Black Beans and Rice
Last updated: May 25, 2023, at 12:33 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 25, 2023, at 12:33 p.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup sofrito
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons sazon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat and add oil and sofrito and cook, stirring constantly for about 4 minutes.
- Add the beans and rice and stir well before adding broth, sazon, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Continue boiling until water has absorbed to just above the rice level.
- Cover with lid and turn heat to low and continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes more before removing lid and fluffing with a fork.