Activity Cancellation and Refund Policies
The YMCA of Greater Seattle does not impose contracts on our members or participants. Members or participants are free to cancel at any time. Notice must be provided in writing or via phone prior to any scheduled payments.
Participant initiated cancellations
- If a participant wishes to cancel a class or program with a fee, they may do so at any time. To receive a full refund the participant must cancel 14 days prior to the program start date. Non-refundable deposits will not be refunded.
- Participants must submit cancellation request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants cancelling within 14 days of the start date will be provided a program credit for the full cost of the program less the nonrefundable deposit.
- Not attending the program does not entitle a participant to a credit or refund. When enrolled the participant is reserving space, time, and staffing regardless of whether the participant attends the program.
- Credit will be given for consecutive days of illness which cause a participant to miss more than half of the classes in a session.
- When special circumstances arise where participation is not possible (i.e. family emergency) participant may request for consideration a credit or refund. Requests may be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com.
- If participant starts a program late and misses 25% or more of the program, the Y will prorate a maximum of 25% of the program fee.
Participant initiated Birthday Party cancellations
A non-refundable deposit of $100 is due along with payment at time of booking. The deposit can be transferred to another day/time (party) but is non-refundable with a party cancellation. If the party is cancelled 14 days prior, they will receive a refund minus the deposit. If the party is cancelled within 14 days of the party, they will receive a credit minus the deposit.
YMCA initiated cancellations
- All schedules, activities, class fees and staff may be changed or cancelled by the YMCA without notice. If the YMCA cancels a fee-based class or program for any reason (except for those outside the control of the YMCA), a credit valid for 12 months toward any YMCA of Greater Seattle program or service will be issued automatically. Credits will be applied to any past due or future scheduled payments. Upon written request via web form, a refund will be provided, or a donation receipt can be issued.
Temporary facility closure
- When the Y closes a facility or program temporarily due to events outside of the Y’s control (i.e. weather, environmental hazard, civil emergency, government shutdown order, etc.) the Y will issue a prorated program credit for each class or session missed, valid for 12 months toward any YMCA of Greater Seattle program or service. Credits will be applied to any past due or future scheduled payments. Alternatively, the credit may be donated back to the Y and a donation receipt will be provided.
View Program Cancellation and Refund Policies for licensed or exempt child care programs, early education, day camps, overnight camps and excursions.
View Membership Cancellation and Refund Policies for YMCA membership.
Last updated: September 1, 2022