Membership and Participant Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all in our community. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has adopted a code of conduct to govern the actions and behavior of all people (members, volunteers, participants, visitors, vendors, and those we serve) while in Y facilities and while participating in Y programs.
Individuals are expected to:
- Uphold the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Provide an atmosphere free of derogatory or unwelcomed comments, conduct or actions of a sexual nature, or actions based on an individual's gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status
- Be respectful and cooperative with Y staff and others
- Follow appropriate use of all areas, equipment, and signage posted
- Follow all YGS protocols related to preventative health measures and under the guidance and direction of the federal, state, and local authorities
Requirements for maintaining COVID-19 health and safety standards:
- Individuals entering any Y facility or program are required to undergo temperature checks and health screening
- Individuals 13 and older should wear face coverings in all Y facilities and programs, except while exercising, or if prevented from doing so due to disability or health issues
- Individuals should maintain a distance of no less than 6 feet from other individuals
- Congregating in small groups is discouraged, however it will be allowed provided there is appropriate social distancing and face coverings
- Individuals are expected to sanitize equipment before and after use. Appropriate cleaning supplies will be available throughout the facility
- Sweat towels, water bottles, and other personal belongings must always be kept with you
- Stay home if you feel sick
The following will NOT be tolerated at Y facilities and in Y programs:
- Abusive, harassing and/or obscene language or gestures
- Threats of harm, physical aggression or violent acts
- Weapons of any kind
- Damaging or defacing Y property
- Possession, sale, use or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Offensive and unlawful conduct
Individuals who experience or observe inappropriate conduct are encouraged to promptly report their concern to Y staff. Every effort will be made to ensure that reports are investigated and resolved promptly and effectively. Failure to follow this code of conduct will result in disciplinary actions, which may include immediate eviction from the premises, loss of privileges, suspension or expulsion. The Y may contact security, police or other authorities for assistance or to take appropriate legal action.
Thank you for your cooperation in prioritizing safety and creating a welcoming and positive environment for all people at the Y.
Effective date: June 9, 2020.