Holiday Hours in 2023
Last updated: March 7, 2023, at 5:10 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 12, 2019, at 9:47 a.m. PT
YMCA of Greater Seattle local Y's will be operating the following holiday hours in 2023.
- New Year’s Day: January 1 | 10:00 am–5:00 pm*
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: January 20 | Regular hours
- Presidents’ Day: February 17 | Regular hours
- Easter Sunday: April 9 | Regular hours
- Memorial Day: May 29 | 7:00 am–11:00 am*
- Juneteenth: June 19 | Regular hours
- Independence Day: July 4 | 7:00 am–11:00 am*
- Sammamish Community Y closed in recognition of the City of Sammamish Fourth on the Plateau event
- Labor Day: September 4 | 7:00 am–11:00 am*
- Veterans Day: November 11 | Regular hours
- Thanksgiving Day: November 23 | 7:00 am–11:00 am*
- Christmas Eve: December 24 | 8:00 am–12:00 pm*
- Christmas Day: All local Y’s are closed*
- New Year's Eve: December 31 | 8:00 am–12:00 pm*
*Downtown Seattle YMCA is closed on dates indicated.
On these nationally recognized holidays, branches may offer special programming in celebration of the holiday and unique schedules for things like Group Exercise Classes or Kids Zone. Before you visit, take a moment to check your branch’s schedule:
- Auburn Valley YMCA
- Bellevue Family YMCA
- Coal Creek Family YMCA
- Dale Turner Family YMCA
- Downtown Seattle YMCA
- Kent YMCA
- Matt Griffin YMCA
- Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA
- Northshore YMCA
- Sammamish Community YMCA
- Snoqualmie Valley YMCA
- University Family YMCA
- West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA
We are working to be a place welcoming to people of all backgrounds and cultures, regardless of what holidays they celebrate, or how they chose to celebrate them. Being a welcoming place in our community starts with our employees, who represent different ethnicities, religions, cultural backgrounds, customs and interests, and countries of birth. These holidays are only a few of the holidays some of our staff celebrate all year.
For these nationally recognized holidays, our holiday hours are a way to make sure we are there for our members and families, regardless of if, or how, they celebrate.
We look forward to enjoying the holidays with you and your family at the Y!