Recipe: Veggie Egg Bites
Last updated: June 8, 2020, at 7:31 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 4, 2020, at 12:28 p.m. PT
These protein and veggie-packed bites are great to prepare for a quick and healthy start to your day! Feel free to get creative and swap out the veggies for whatever you have on hand.
Yields: 12 egg bites
Total Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- Swap the kale for any other leafy green
- Swap the pepper for chopped tomatoes
- Swap the feta with your favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs, salt, herbs, and milk together until well-combined.
- Toss the kale and pepper together to mix.
- Generously grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with the veggie mix.
- Pour or ladle the egg mixture on top of the veggies in the muffin tin until about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle feta cheese in each cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then run a knife around the edge of each egg bite to loosen it.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!