Recipe: Loaded Veggie Tacos
Last updated: August 10, 2021, at 2:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 10, 2021, at 2:39 p.m. PT
GREEN SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 2 large avocados
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Process the avocado, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno in your food processor.
- Scrape down the sides and add 2 tablespoons of water and blend until smooth. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season with salt, to taste.
VEGGIE TACO INGREDIENTS
- tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- Tortillas, shredded cabbage, salsa, crumbled feta for serving.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onions and cook until softened – about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook for another minute.
- Add beans and water, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mash about ½ of the beans with a fork (or potato masher).
- Remove from heat and cilantro, lime juice and season to taste with salt.
- Fill tortillas with beans, toppings, and drizzle with green sauce.