Recipe: Loaded Veggie Tacos
Last updated: August 10, 2021, at 2:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 10, 2021, at 2:39 p.m. PT
GREEN SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 2 large avocados
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Process the avocado, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno in your food processor.
- Scrape down the sides and add 2 tablespoons of water and blend until smooth. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season with salt, to taste.
VEGGIE TACO INGREDIENTS
- tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- Tortillas, shredded cabbage, salsa, crumbled feta for serving.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onions and cook until softened – about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook for another minute.
- Add beans and water, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mash about ½ of the beans with a fork (or potato masher).
- Remove from heat and cilantro, lime juice and season to taste with salt.
- Fill tortillas with beans, toppings, and drizzle with green sauce.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA