Recipe: Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad With Pan Roasted Chicken
Last updated: August 29, 2023, at 3:47 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 29, 2023, at 3:47 p.m. PT
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested - divided
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 bunch curly kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add kale and massage dressing into kale leaves until the leaves darken in color and become tender and silky.
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil over medium high heat and toast breadcrumbs until golden brown. Remove from heat and add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper - set aside to cool.
- Lay parchment paper over the chicken breast halves.
- Using a mallet, pound chicken into an even thickness and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining avocado oil over medium heat and add chicken.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until well browned, turn and continue until cooked through (165 F internal temperature).
- Remove from heat and allow chicken to rest while you finish the salad.
- Toss the dressed kale with the panko crumbs and avocado.
- Divide among four plates.
- Slice the chicken into strips and top each salad with the chicken.