Recipe: Breakfast Cookies
Last updated: July 21, 2020, at 4:57 p.m. PT
Originally published: July 21, 2020, at 4:57 p.m. PT
These tasty cookies can be eaten at any time of the day, but we call them Breakfast Cookies because they are wholesome enough to have a seat at the breakfast table!
Yields: 12-15 Cookies
Total Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nut/seed butter (peanut, almond, sunflower)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins or chocolate chips
*Make oat flour by putting an equal amount of rolled oats in a blender or food processor until fine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil.
- Mix oats, oat flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until well-combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, nut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add your nuts and raisins (or chocolate chips) and fold gently into the dough.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared sheet and press gently with a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.