Muscle Gain Myths and Truths
Published: July 3, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. PT
Last updated: July 8, 2020, at 2:09 p.m. PT
There’s so much information out there about nutrition, physical fitness, and overall wellness. Sometimes it’s hard to know what’s true and what’s not! Here are a few common myths and truths about muscle gain to help.
- You need to eat as many calories as humanly possible to build muscle.
- You need to eat extremely high amounts of protein to preserve your muscle.
- You need to eat six meals a day if you want to make gains.
- You should train every single day to maximize muscle.
- You simply need to eat in a small calorie surplus to build muscle.
- You only need to eat .8-1.2 grams of protein per point of bodyweight.
- Meal frequency isn’t as important as hitting your calorie goals.
- Train hard, but make sure you allow yourself time to recover.