Healthy Hearts at the Y
Last updated: January 24, 2022, at 11:48 a.m. PT
Originally published: January 24, 2022, at 11:09 a.m. PT
February is American Heart Month, a time when all people can focus on their health and well-being. Regular exercise and activity improve factors linked to cardiovascular health, resulting in lower blood pressure, healthier cholesterol levels, and better blood sugar regulation. Other actions such as trying something new, giving back to your community, and deepening relationships with others can also fill your heart.
Join our Healthy Heart Challenge
To honor our hearts, our health, and you, our amazing Y members, we’re inviting you to join us in the Y Healthy Heart Challenge.
Here’s how it works:
- Grab a Healthy Heart Challenge card from the Member Services team at any of your local Ys
- Complete the 15 activities on the card
- Win a limited-edition Healthy Heart tote bag to celebrate you and your healthier heart
- CDC – Know Your Risk for Heart Disease
- National Institutes of Health – Your Healthiest Self: Wellness Toolkits
- Go Red for Women – wear red and raise awareness on Friday, February 4, 2022
The Y is here for you and your heart!