Endless Summer Challenge on August 27
Last updated: August 20, 2020, at 10:42 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 20, 2020, at 6:39 a.m. PT
Relive all your favorite parts of summer as you race to complete missions on your way to win a special sweet treat. Get ready to tell your favorite joke, hunt down the perfect smelling flower in your neighborhood, avoid your lava-filled living room floor with acrobatics, and complete tons of other silly and fun activities. Missions can be completed together as a family or on your own! Plus, there are separate, age-appropriate tracks for kids and teens.
Get moving, be silly, enjoy some healthy competition, and have fun.
- There are two challenges, one for the elementary age group and another for middle and high schoolers.
- Download the GooseChase App so you're ready to go when the challenge starts. It's free!
- Find the YMCA of Greater Seattle game by entering a game code: PEJMXK (elementary) or PEJ7RG (middle/high), or by searching for Endless Summer - YMCA of Greater Seattle.
- Get creative with your team name and we might just award bonus points to those that stand out!
- On Thursday, August 27 from 4:00pm to 8:00pm, complete as many of the missions as you can. Pay attention to points because some missions are worth more than others! We only expect the challenge to take about one hour to complete all missions, so start playing at a time that works for you.
- Kids, Tweens, and Teens can play on their own, with siblings or pets, and even parents can get in on the activity!
- Invite your friends! This challenge is free and open to all, so invite your friends and family, and encourage healthy competition and lots of play, plus earn some bragging rights and a gift card for ice cream!
- Prizes! We've got four gift cards to give away to those who earn the most points.
Complete all or some of the missions to celebrate summer fun including:
- Tell us about an unexpected positive story you've experienced during social distancing so far! Witnessed a random act of kindness? Let's share the love!
- Go outside and look for some beautiful and colorful flowers! Take a picture of you smelling your favorite one.
- Take a video of you letting off some steam avoiding that lava-filled floor using household objects.
- Use everyday items or recycled materials to build a tower. Try to make it bigger than you!
- Get creative and surf those waves! Use something in your house or outside as your surfboard.