The 3 Easiest Planned Gifts | Planned Giving & Endowments
Published: April 23, 2020, at 11:22 a.m. PT
Last updated: April 23, 2020, at 11:26 a.m. PT
At some point in life, most of us start asking: What will be my lasting legacy? How will others remember my life’s purpose, goals and achievements? We all hope we will be remembered for our love, generosity and our very best qualities. Your greatest legacy will be the memories others have of you; the ways they follow your example. Your legacy can also be felt by people you will never meet. When you make a planned gift to the YMCA of Greater Seattle, your love, generosity and values will extend into the future. You can choose the purpose and focus of your gift from youth development to healthy living, from one local Y branch or program to our regional association.
3 EASIEST PLANNED GIFTS
- Giving through your IRA - One of the simplest ways to continue to support the mission of the YMCA into the future is to change the beneficiary of your IRA or retirement plan to the YMCA of Greater Seattle. No lawyers are needed, just a change form from your IRA or retirement plan administrator.
- Life insurance beneficiary - Similarly, you can designate the Y as beneficiary for a percentage of your life insurance policy’s benefit by simply contacting the life insurance company or agent.
- Giving through your will - If you already have a will or living trust, or intend to complete one, you can easily name the YMCA of Greater Seattle as a beneficiary. This is called a bequest. One letter to your estate planning attorney can update your will or living trust.
MORE PLANNED GIFT OPTIONS
Planning your legacy gift can offer substantial tax benefits, making it possible to do more with your assets than you may have dreamed. Some types of gifts even provide you and a loved one with regular payments for life, then the asset eventually transfers to the Y.
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Real Estate and Tangible Personal Property
- Appreciated Securities and Closely Held Stock
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Asset
We are Here to Help
We would be honored to be part of your legacy. Please let us know how we can help provide you and your financial/estate planning advisor with more information. Visit our Planned Giving page or Contact Magill Dickerson-Lange at 206.839.8916 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ways to make a meaningful impact by giving to YMCA of Greater Seattle.