Building meaningful connections between young people and their caregivers
ConnectUP is a specialized pilot program based in King County, WA, designed to provide coordinated services to children and youth who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, commercial sexual exploitation, and to the individuals and families who provide care for these children.
ConnectUP Partners include:
- Accelerator YMCA
- Casey Family Programs
- King County
- The Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families
- The Organization for Prostitution Survivors
At this time, this pilot program provides services for children and youth who are involved in the child welfare system with an open Washington State DCYF case in Regions 3 or 4. Through our team of partner agencies, ConnectUP can connect children and families to an array of services including specialized advocacy services, case consults and couching for caregivers and social workers, in home therapy and crisis response services, short and long-term placement options, and family finding services, among others.
Accelerator YMCA is looking to connect with individuals and families wanting to know more about fostering children and youth who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, commercial sexual exploitation.
Foster Parents working with the ConnectUP team can expect the following support:
- In-depth support in navigating the foster care licensing process
- Extensive training and support—both upfront and ongoing- related to caring for a child who has experienced or is at risk of experiencing commercial sexual exploitation.
- Access to a CSEC subject matter expert for consultation services
- In home support services and respite care
- Ongoing community building and recreational activities for families and children
Interested in Learning More? Please Visit www.ConnectUPwa.org