Sammamish Community YMCA
Youth Sports Player Information
Important Season Dates
- December 3 - Practices start the week of December 3 for Rookies
- December 24 to December 28 - No practices
- December 31 to January 4 - Practices will be held at Coaches' discretion or players may choose to attend a practice hosted by the YMCA
- January 5 - Practices/Scrimmages start the week of January 5 for Minis
- January 12 - Games start for Rookies
- Monday, January 21 - No practices on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
YMCA Youth Basketball offers opportunities for players of all skills levels, gives players an equal amount of playing time and never has tryouts or cuts. Our Skills Showcase is a day where participants will run through a series of basketball drills and skills to demonstrate their level of play. Staff will use what they observe in the Skills Showcase to help build teams that are balanced. Minis do not attend a Skills Showcase.
To check-in, fill out paperwork and complete the skills showcase, please plan on being present at a time designated below for about 30 minutes.
- Monday, November 12, 5:00 - 7:00pm
- Tuesday, November 13, 6:15 - 7:15pm
- Make-Up Day - Tuesday, November 20, 4:30 - 6:30pm
The Skills Showcases for all Rookies who signed up to play with both the Sammamish Community and Snoqualmie Valley YMCAs will be held at Central Washington University located at 120 228th Ave SE, Sammamish.
If you cannot attend a Skills Showcase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Players should wear athletic shoes and whatever they feel comfortable running, jumping and playing an indoor sport in. They should also bring a water bottle! Practices will be located at the branch you signed up with (either at the Central Washington University campus in Sammamish or Snoqualmie Valley YMCA). Your coach will contact you during the week of November 26 to introduce themselves, share your practice day, time and location and your team roster.
Game schedules will be available the week of December 17 or sooner. Games will be played at the Sammamish Central Washington University campus.
Uniform tops will be distributed at practice before the first game of the season.
Stay tuned for information coming about Picture Day. Your coach and/or the Y will share details once they are finalized. Players should wear their uniform top on Picture Day.
We encourage all parents to stay at practices and games for the duration. Anyone 16 years old or older must have valid identification in order to be allowed into a YMCA facility. There will be no exceptions.
Our youth sports leagues depend on volunteers who give their times as coaches. Please email email@example.com to learn more.