Youth Basketball Player Information
Important Season Dates
- December 3 - Practices start the week of December 3 for Rookies, Juniors and Legends
- December 19 to January 1 - No practices during winter break
- January 5 - Games start for Juniors and Legends, Practices/Scrimmages start the week of January 5 for Minis
- January 12 - Games start for Rookies
- Monday, January 21 - No practices on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
YMCA Youth Basketball offers opportunities for players of all skills levels, gives players an equal amount of playing time and never has tryouts or cuts. Our Skills Showcase is a day where participants will run through a series of basketball drills and skills to demonstrate their level of play. Staff will use what they observe in the Skills Showcase to help build teams that are balanced. Minis and Rookies do not attend a Skills Showcase.
To check-in, fill out paperwork and complete skills showcase, please plan on being present at a time designated below for about 30 minutes.
- Saturday, November 17 - Legends
- 9:30am - Last names that start with A - M
- 9:45am - Last names that start with N - Z
- Saturday, November 17 - Juniors
- 10:00am - Last names that start with A - F
- 10:15am - Last names that start with G - M
- 10:30am - Last names that start with N - R
- 10:45am - Last names that start with S - Z
- Monday, November 19 - Make-Up
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm - Legends and Juniors
If you cannot attend a Skills Showcase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Players should wear athletic shoes and whatever they feel comfortable running, jumping and playing an indoor sport in. They should also bring a water bottle! Practices will be held at the Northshore YMCA, Carol Edwards Center and schools in the Northshore School District. Duvall teams will practice at locations in their community.
Games will typically be played on Saturdays at the Northshore YMCA, Carol Edwards Center, at schools in the Northshore School District or at other YMCAs in the area depending on your league. Game schedules will be available the week of January 1 or sooner.
Uniform tops will be given to coaches prior to first games.
Team photos will be taken in January after rosters are finalized. More info to come!
We encourage all parents to stay at practices and games for the duration. Anyone 16 years old or older must have valid identification in order to be allowed into a YMCA facility. There will be no exceptions.