Youth Basketball Player Information
Dale Turner Family YMCA
Important Season Dates
- December 3 - Practices start the week of December 3 for Rookies, Juniors and Legends
- December 24 to January 1 - No practices during winter break. Practices on January 3 or 4 may be on a different day/time or cancelled due to limited gym access.
- January 5 - Games start for Juniors and Legends, Practices/Scrimmages start the week of January 5 for Minis
- January 12 - Games start for Rookies
- Monday, January 21 - No practices on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 18 - 22 - Practices may be on a different day/time or cancelled due to limited gym access
YMCA Youth Basketball offers opportunities for players of all skills levels, gives players an equal amount of playing time and never has tryouts or cuts. Our Skills Showcase is a day where participants will run through a series of basketball drills and skills to demonstrate their level of play. Staff will use what they observe in the Skills Showcase to help build teams that are balanced.
To check-in, fill out paperwork and complete the skills showcase, please plan on being present at a time designated below for about 30 minutes. If you cannot attend a Skills Showcase, please email email@example.com.
- Tuesday, November 13
- Rookies: 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Juniors in Grades 3-4: 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Thursday, November 15
- Juniors in Grades 5-6: 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Legends: 6:30 - 7:30pm
Players should wear athletic shoes and whatever they feel comfortable running, jumping and playing an indoor sport in. They should also bring a water bottle and if available, a basketball. Practices will be at the Dale Tuner Family YMCA, Highland Terrace Elementary, Brookside Elementary and other nearby schools. Your coach will contact you during the week of November 26 to introduce themselves, share your practice day, time and location and your team roster.
Games will typically be played on Saturdays at the Dale Turner Family YMCA, Meridian Park Elementary School or other YMCAs in the area depending on your league. Game schedules will be available the week of January 1 or sooner.
Uniform tops will be distributed at practice before the first game of the season.
The date of Picture Day is to be determined. Players should wear their uniform on Picture Day. More info to come.
- We encourage all parents to stay at practices and games for the duration. All parents are required to be on-time for pick-up from practices and games. Coaches cannot leave until all children are picked-up. Please respect your coach's time.
- Anyone 16 years old or older must have valid identification in order to be allowed into a YMCA facility. There will be no exceptions.
Our youth sports leagues depend on volunteers who give their times as coaches. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.