Youth Basketball Player Information
Coal Creek Family YMCA
Important Season Dates
- December 3 - Practices start the week of December 3 for Rookies and Juniors
- December 24 to January 4 - No practices during winter break.
- January 5 - Games start for Juniors, Practices/Scrimmages start for Minis
- January 12 - Games start for Rookies
- Monday, January 21 - No practices on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 18 - 22 - No practices during Mid-Winter Break
YMCA Youth Basketball offers opportunities for players of all skills levels, gives players an equal amount of playing time and never has tryouts or cuts. Our Skills Showcase is a day where participants will run through a series of basketball drills and skills to demonstrate their level of play. Staff will use what they observe in the Skills Showcase to help build teams that are balanced. Minis do not attend a Skills Showcase.
To check-in, fill out paperwork and complete the skills showcase, please plan on being present at a time designated below for about 30 minutes on Saturday, November 17.
- Grades K-2 with last names starting A - L: 9:30 -10:30am
- Grades K-2 with last names starting L - Z: 10:30 - 11:30am
- Grades 3-4 with last names starting A - L: 11:30 -12:15pm
- Grades 3-4 with last names starting L - Z: 12:15 -1:00pm
- Grades 5-6 with last names starting A - L: 1:00 -1:45pm
- Grades 5-6 with last names starting L - Z: 1:45 -2:30pm
If you cannot attend a Skills Showcase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Minis do not participate in a Skills Showcase.
Players should wear athletic shoes and whatever they feel comfortable running, jumping and playing an indoor sport in. They should also bring a water bottle and may bring their own basketball, if they choose. Practices will be held at Jing Mei Elementary, Newcastle Elementary, Hazelwood Elementary and the Coal Creek Family YMCA. Your coach will contact you during the week of November 26 to introduce themselves, share your practice day, time and location, and your team roster.
Minis will play on Saturdays, 10:00 - 11:00am from January 5 - February 23.
Games will be be played at Eastside Christian School, the Coal Creek Family YMCA or at other YMCAs in the area depending on your league. Game schedules will be available the week of January 1 or sooner.
Uniform tops will be distributed at practice before the first game of the season.
Team photos will be taken Friday, February 1 from 5:30 - 8:30pm at the Coal Creek Family YMCA.
We encourage all parents to stay at practices and games for the duration. Anyone 16 years or older must have valid identification in order to be allowed into a YMCA facility. There will be no exceptions.