Youth Basketball Player Information
Auburn Valley YMCA
Important Season Dates
- December 3 - Practices start the week of December 3 for Rookies, Juniors and Legends
- December 24 to January 4 - No practices during winter break, however the Y will host optional clinics so players can keep practicing. More info coming soon.
- January 5 - Games start for Juniors and Legends, Practices/Scrimmages start for Minis]
- January 12 - Games start for Rookies
- Monday, January 21 - No practices on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 18 - No practices on Presidents' Day
YMCA Youth Basketball offers opportunities for players of all skills levels, gives players an equal amount of playing time and never has tryouts or cuts. Our Skills Showcase is a day where participants will run through a series of basketball drills and skills to demonstrate their level of play. Staff will use what they observe in the Skills Showcase to help build teams that are balanced.
To check-in, fill out paperwork and complete skills showcase, please plan on being present at a time designated below for about 30 minutes.
- Rookies - Monday, November 12, 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Juniors - Wednesday, November 14, 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Legends - Friday, November 16, 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Make-Up Day - Saturday, November 17, 3:00 - 4:30pm
Minis may attend the Skills Showcase on November 17, if they choose, but it not required. If you cannot attend a Skills Showcase, please email email@example.com.
Players should wear athletic shoes and whatever they feel comfortable running, jumping and playing an indoor sport in. They should also bring a water bottle! Practices will be held at the Auburn Valley YMCA. Your coach will contact you during the week of November 26 to introduce themselves, share your practice day, time and location, and your team roster.
Minis will have two practices in December on December 8 and December 15 before the official season starts on January 5.
Games will be be played at the Auburn Valley YMCA or at other YMCAs in the area depending on your league.Game schedules will be available the week of January 1 or sooner.
Uniform tops will be distributed at practice before the first game of the season.
Stay tuned for information coming about Picture Day. Your coach and/or the Y will share details once they are finalized.
- We encourage all parents to stay at practices and games for the duration. If parents do leave the facility and are late to return, a Y staff person will wait with the child until the parent arrives.
- Program Cards - If a participant is not a YMCA member, we will issue a Program Card to use for check-in to the facility for practices and games.
- Spectator Cards - Families will be issued three Spectator Cards to use for guests who are not YMCA members. Guests will need to fill out a Visitor Information Form if they have not filled it out at a previous visit. We advise guests to fill this form out early or give ample time before their visit to fill out the form and check in to the facility. Guests who are 16 years old or older must have valid identification. There will be no exceptions.
- Guests will only be allowed in the gymnasium during practices and/or games and will not have access to other areas of the YMCA.