Auburn Valley YMCA
Youth Sports Player Information
Ready to play? There's a sport for every kid at the Y! Check out our youth sports offerings to find the right sport for the budding athlete in your family. Information for youth sports leagues currently running can be found below.
Winter Basketball Divisions
- Minis: Ages 3 - 5
Minis practice and scrimmage once per week. Starting and ends dates depend on the session that you signed up for.
- Rookies: Grades K - 2
Practices start the week of December 2. No practice during the week of December 23 or December 30. Games start January 11, with final game on February 29.
- Juniors: Grades 3 - 6
Practices start the week of December 2. No practice during the week of December 23 or December 30. Games start January 11, culminating in a tournament March 6 – 8.
- Legends: Grades 7 - 9
Practices start the week of December 2. No practice during the week of December 23 or December 30. Games start January 11, culminating in a tournament March 6 - 8.
Winter Basketball Dates
- November 22: Coaches will reach out with practice information and updates
- December 20: Game schedules released
- February 15: No games over President's Day weekend
Winter Basketball Important Information
- Games are played on Friday nights or Saturdays.
- Practices will be at the Auburn Valley YMCA.
- Rookies will play games at the Auburn Valley YMCA. Juniors and Legends will play home games at the Auburn Valley YMCA, but away games may be at YMCA locations throughout King County.
- Players should wear athletic shoes and whatever they feel comfortable running, jumping, and playing an indoor sport in. They should also bring a water bottle.
- Uniform tops will be distributed at the first game of the season or at a practice before.
- Coaches will inform players of team picture day date, time, and location, once confirmed.
- We encourage all parents to stay at practices and games for the duration. If parents do leave the facility and are late to return, a Y staff person will wait with the child until the parent arrives.
- Program Cards: If a participant is not a YMCA member, we will issue a Program Card to use for check-in to the facility for practices and games.
- Spectator Cards: Families will be issued three Spectator Cards to use for guests who are not YMCA members. Guests will need to fill out a Visitor Information Form if they have not filled it out at a previous visit. We advise guests to fill this form out early or give ample time before their visit to fill out the form and check in to the facility. Guests who are 16 years old or older must have valid identification. There will be no exceptions.
- Guests will only be allowed in the gymnasium during practices and/or games and will not have access to other areas of the YMCA.