These 12 Tips Will Help Keep Your Heart Healthy
Last updated: April 17, 2017, at 9:06 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 9, 2017, at 9:10 a.m. PT
Heart disease is a problem that is on the rise in recent times. Today, it is not just the elderly that are affected by heart disease, prevention is just as important! Here are 12 simple tips to consider to lower your risk:
- Maintain a healthy weight range.
- Make sure you include plenty of fruits and fresh greens in your meals.
- Reduce your consumption of food that is fried, heavy on spices or very oily.
- Take care of your mental health.
- Go out for regular walks, jogs and even short runs.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Do the things you enjoy, like spending time with loved ones and finding time for recreation.
- Learn to have a good sense of humor.
- Find ways to be more active. Cycling or swimming are great options!
- Keep going for regular checkups with your physician, especially if your family has had a history of heart disease.
- Avoid processed and frozen food. Stick to fresh food, fruits and vegetables.
- Get closer to nature. Anything as simple as a short hike or growing a small plant in pot in your home can be very therapeutic.
If you’d like more information or help with heart health, learn more about our Cardiac Wellness Program or set up a consultation with one of our nutritionists!