Recipe: Thai Basil Eggplant Stir Fry
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 12:16 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 1:04 p.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 baby eggplants, cubed
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves, chiffonade
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- Heat oil over medium high heat and add red pepper flakes to toast for a few seconds.
- Add eggplant and stir fry for a few minutes before adding onion and bell pepper.
- Continue cooking for a few minutes more or until veggies begin to soften.
- Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add vinegar, tamari, and honey – stir to combine for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Thai basil, tossing to combine.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.