Celebrate Pride Month - Events
Celebrate LGBTQ Diversity & Inclusion with The YMCA of Greater Seattle
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots in Manhattan. The Stonewall riots were a tipping point for the Gay Liberation Movement in the United States. The purpose of the commemorative month is to recognize the impact that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally.
This year the YMCA of Greater Seattle will be celebrating Pride month by participating in a number of events.
- Burien Pride Saturday, June 2nd
- Volunteer Park Festival Saturday, June 9th
- Coal Creek Family YMCA Summer Kickoff Saturday, June 16th
- Seattle Trans Pride Friday, June 22nd
- Seattle Pride Sunday, June 24th
Happy Pride from all of us at the Y!