10 Family Friendly Ways to Celebrate Pride Month
Published: June 17, 2020, at 2:58 p.m. PT
Last updated: June 17, 2020, at 2:58 p.m. PT
Pride Month is here, and it is time to gather together to show support for the LGBTQ+ community, honor those who have fought for equality, commemorate the past, and celebrate the future. As allies, or as an LGBTQ+ family, there are lots of fun ways to celebrate for all ages.
- Learn about the history of Pride here.
- Sign up for Virtual Pride! Seattle’s LGBTQIA+ Pride Month is going virtual with three days (June 26-28) of solidarity featuring speakers, performances and activities courtesy of Gender Justice League, PrideFest, and Seattle Pride.
- Show young readers that there are many ways to love yourself and others by sharing LGBTQ+ friendly books.
- Celebrate with your own Pride Parade at home.
- Get artistic with rainbow craft ideas to help children celebrate Pride.
- Join Seattle Pride’s social media series, Take Out Tuesday, and order from one of the locally LGBTQ+ owned featured restaurants.
- Make Rainbow Cupcakes so you can celebrate Pride with something sweet. Share with your neighbors!
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers make a colorful and healthy snack!
- 2020 Run/Walk with Pride is now VIRTUAL! Run or walk a 5K or 10K anywhere in the world between June 26-29.
- Learn about LGBTQ+ Leaders Who Helped Change the World.