FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – FAQS
We've compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions about our birthday parties! If there is something we have missed, please reach out to the Birthday Party Coordinator at your chosen branch below.
1. How early can we arrive for the party?
The guest of honor and parents may arrive 15 minutes early to begin check-in procedure, sign waivers and set-up party room with additional decorations if not being used by another party. Guests will be welcomed by the Party Host beginning five minutes before the party time.
2. What should we bring to decorate?
We provide banners or streamers and table cloths. You may provide any additional decorations, excluding confetti. Please bring blue painter’s tape if you plan to attach decorations to the wall.
3. Can I bring food and drinks?
Yes! You are welcome to bring pre-made food and drinks. We have some refrigerator and freezer space should you need it. Alcohol is not permitted.
4. What is the party timeline?
YMCA birthday parties typically include 45 minutes of activity and 45 minutes in the party room for gifts, food and dessert. If you would like to propose a different schedule for your party, please contact the Birthday Party Coordinator at your chosen branch.
5. Can the party host coordinate games?
Of course! Our Party Host is fully capable of coordinating games during most parties.
6. How do I book a birthday party?
You may book your birthday party online, in person at the front desk or by contacting the Birthday Party Coordinator at your chosen branch.
7. How many guests can we invite?
YMCA birthday parties include up to 15 kids, including the guest of honor. Additional kids are $10 per child. Parents and siblings under age 1 are not included in the guest count. All adults must bring their YMCA membership card or photo identification.
8. Should parents of party guests stay for the party?
Parent or guardians of children attending the party are not required to stay. The YMCA party host may assist the party family in supervising guests. Additional adults may be needed to meet Big Splash party requirements.
9. Can I add extra time to the birthday party?
Yes, for some parties you may add extra time for an additional charge of $50 for 30 minutes. Big Splash parties allow extra time for changing and Kitchen Creations parties allow extra time for cooking, both at no additional charge.
10. What if the date and/or time I’d like is not available?
Please email the Birthday Party Coordinator at your chosen branch. We may be able to accommodate your request, though no guarantees are made.
11. Do Y staff watch over kids in the pool?
The Party Host will walk you and your party guests over to the pool area where Y lifeguards will be present. Guests will be required to adhere to all rules and guidelines of the pool area. Please review complete list of pool rules prior to booking your party. No street shoes are allowed in the pool area. Please be prepared to go barefoot, if needed. Swimmers who cannot pass a swim test must have a parent or guardian in the water within arms' reach.
- Cancellation Policy - Full payment is due at time of booking party. Event cancellations must be received a minimum of seven days before the start of the party to receive a refund, minus a $50 booking fee. If the cancellation is less than seven days, you will forfeit your entire payment.
- Waiver Form - All parents or guardians must fill out a waiver form for their child(ren) prior to participating in the birthday party.
- To receive Facility Member Pricing, the guest of honor must have a YMCA Facility Membership.
Do you have additional questions beyond our FAQs? Reach out to our friendly Birthday Party Coordinators at your chosen YMCA branch.
Auburn Valley YMCA: email@example.com
Bellevue Family YMCA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coal Creek Family YMCA in Newcastle: email@example.com
Dale Turner Family YMCA in Shoreline: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Griffin YMCA in SeaTac: email@example.com
Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA in central Seattle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northshore YMCA in Bothell: email@example.com
Sammamish Community YMCA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Snoqualmie Valley YMCA: email@example.com
University Family YMCA: firstname.lastname@example.org