All Permanent Housing programs provide rental assistance and case management support to young people as they live on their own lease in their own apartment in King County. Information on all units in these programs can be accessed through King County’s Coordinated Entry for All system by calling 2-1-1.
HOME AT LAST
This program provides support for long-term and permanent housing solutions for some of King County’s most vulnerable chronically homeless young adults and young adult families.
INDEPENDENT YOUTH HOUSING PROGRAM
A short-term permanent housing program with supports for young people exiting Washington State foster care.
YOUNG ADULT RAPID REHOUSING PROGRAM
A short-term permanent housing program with supports for young people experiencing homelessness in King County.
PERMANENT HOUSING SEARCH TOOLS
Here are a few resources that you can use on your housing search. Visit the YMCA Center for Young Adults for a calendar of classes and information sessions on housing.
It’s also important to prepare for your housing search.
Depending on your housing barriers, it may or may not take a long time to find the right housing.
Here a few things that may assist you in your search:
Understand the barriers that may disqualify you from different housing facilities and find solutions to resolving barriers (ex. repairing poor credit, making payment plans for eviction debts, resolving charges on criminal backgrounds, etc.).
Prepare to take time off of work or school if needed to tour housing facilities.
Create a budget and housing timeline with your resource specialist to assure success in your housing search.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING AT HOUSING
- How much can I afford for rent and is this a good fit for my monthly budget?
- How long does my lease need to be?
- What location is convenient for me to live in?
- What size unit do I need?
- How many bedrooms do I need?
- Do I need special accommodations?
- What kind of things do I have on my record that may disqualify me from getting approved for this housing?
- What amenities do I need?
- How does my budget compare to the rental amount I have to pay?
For more information and useful tips, please visit the YMCA Center for Young Adults.