The YMCA Host Homes program matches young adults (ages 18-24), who are unstably housed or at risk of losing their housing with a caring and supportive host family. Host families are volunteers from the community who willingly offer a room in their home to provide safe, short-term housing and support to young people as they work toward gaining stability and becoming independent.
WHO ARE HOSTS?
- 21 years or older
- Live within King County
- Has a spare bedroom/private space within home
- Pass a background and reference check
- Has homeowner/renters insurance
WHO ARE PARTICIPANTS?
- 18-24 years of age
- Unhoused or at risk of housing instability
- Lives within King County
- Willing to work with a case manager
- Working toward housing, education, employment or other stabilizing goals.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A HOST HOME?
UPCOMING INFO SESSIONS
- June 10, 10-11:30am 2100 24th Ave S., Suite 250, Seattle, WA 98114
- August 12, 10, 10-11:30am 2100 24th Ave S., Suite 250, Seattle, WA 98114
- November 11, 10, 10-11:30am 2100 24th Ave S., Suite 250, Seattle, WA 98114
- December 9, 10, 10-11:30am 2100 24th Ave S., Suite 250, Seattle, WA 98114
Read this article by YMCA of Greater Seattle President & CEO, Bob Gilbertson.
Interested in other opportunities to house young people? Check out our Foster Care program!