The YMCA Host Homes program matches young adults (ages 18-24), who are unstably housed or at risk of losing their housing with a caring and supportive host family. Host families are volunteers from the community who willingly offer a room in their home to provide safe, short-term housing and support to young people as they work toward gaining stability and becoming independent.
WHO ARE HOSTS?
- 21 years or older
- Live within King County
- Has a spare bedroom/private space within home
- Pass a background and reference check
- Has homeowner/renters insurance
WHO ARE PARTICIPANTS?
- 18-24 years of age
- Unhoused or at risk of housing instability
- Lives within King County
- Willing to work with a case manager
- Working toward housing, education, employment or other stabilizing goals.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A HOST HOME?
Read this article by YMCA of Greater Seattle President & CEO, Bob Gilbertson.