On any given night, 250 young people are housed by the Accelerator YMCA. Our services go beyond just a place to live–we provide the support and tools they need to be independent, especially for those exiting foster care and/or experiencing homelessness.
We are aligned with All Home's plan to end homelessness by making it a rare, brief and one-time occurrence.
- Family reunification
- Support for young people aging out of foster care and/or experiencing homelessness
- Eviction prevention
- Family crisis response
- Short-term community based housing
- Transitional housing (the Y operates 7 housing locations throughout King County)
- Rental assistance and Section 8 Vouchers
- Connecting young people with landlords
- Life skills and financial literacy workshops
- Intensive case management
- Drop-in resource center for education and employment
The Center for Young Adults is located at 2100 24th Avenue South, Suite 250, Seattle, WA 98144 and is open Monday through Thursday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Please call 206 749 7550 for more information about housing, education, employment, and alumni of foster care services.