We offer support for young people to reach their education goals including GED certification, vocational schooling or obtaining a degree from a university.
- Examples of Services:
- GED/high school diploma attainment
- Drop-in support for school applications and financial aid
- Technology skill building
- Life skills and college preparedness workshops
- Interagency school (alternative learning program for young adults)
The Accelerator YMCA offers youth with a comprehensive view of entering the workforce, from interview preparation to expectations in the workplace. Young people gain the skills they need to not only find work, but to stay employed and build their resume.
Examples of Services:
- Mock Interviews
- Shopping for work appropriate clothing
- Workshops on workplace etiquette and conflict resolution
- Connecting young people with paid internships, jobs and apprenticeships
- Volunteer career coaching