Accelerator Y is the social services division of the YMCA of Greater Seattle. Since 1973, Accelerator Y has provided a wide array of social services programs for youth, young adults, and their families. Accelerator Y specializes in providing support to young people who have been impacted by homelessness, foster care, the juvenile justice system, and mental health issues.
Accelerator Y has three departments:
- Young Adult Services: Housing, employment, education, and life skills for young adults
- Foster Care: Child placement, permanency, and case management for alumni of foster care
- Behavioral Health: 24/7 crisis support, outpatient mental health, and substance use counseling
Learn more about the social services that the Y has for youth, young adults, and families.
Our Leadership Team
- Mark Putnam, Executive Director
- Kristen Brennan, Senior Director of Programs
- ManChui Leung, PhD, Director of Learning and Impact
- Aaron Fox, Director of Young Adult Services
- Kris Sanborn, Clinical Director of Foster Care Services
- Dianne Boyd, Clinical Director of Behavioral Health Services