On any given night, 250 young people are housed by the Accelerator YMCA. Our services go beyond just a place to live: we provide the support and tools young people need to be independent, especially those who are recent alumni of foster care.
We are aligned with All Home's plan to end homelessness by making it rare, brief and one-time.
- Family reunification
- Support for young people aging out of foster care
- Eviction prevention
- Family crisis response
- Short-term community based housing
- Transitional housing (the Y operates 8 housing locations throughout King County)
- Rental assistance and Section 8 Vouchers
- Connecting young people with landlords
- Life skills and financial literacy workshops
- Intensive case management
- Drop-in resource center for education and employment