Volunteer at the Y
You can positively impact lives right in your own community with the Y. More than 15,007 volunteers throughout the region share their time and talents in a variety of ways, including coaching, tutoring, event support, fundraising and much more. Last year, our volunteers contributed 312,354 hours of service to the community.
We value your time and enthusiasm and look forward to creating a fun, fulfilling volunteer experience for you.
Y volunteers enjoy:
- A wide variety of locations and programs to fit personal interests
- Options for one-time, seasonal and ongoing volunteerism
- Making new friends, networking and gaining experience
How To Begin
To volunteer with the Y, select an option:
- Contact your local Y's Volunteer Champion to talk about your interests and availability.
- Visit your local Y to pick up a volunteer application.
- Search for "YMCA" at United Way of King County's Volunteer Center. Many branches post specific volunteer opportunities here (listings may not include all available opportunities).