Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

 Application Process



We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to experience a week of summer camp. Financial Assistance, to the extent possible, is available for those who cannot afford Tier I fees. We also offer Financial Assistance​ towards Family Camp and Women's Wellness Weekends and the process is the same as outlined below.
If you would like to apply for Financial Assistance, there are four components to your application. Please mail all four together to YMCA Camping Services; 909 Fourth Avenue; Seattle, WA 98104:
  1. Financial Aid Application. Please follow the directions on the application carefully. Only one application is required per family. If you are currently receiving Financial Assistance from a YMCA of Greater Seattle branch but are unsure of the percentage, please contact your branch or the Camping Services office.
  2. Registration Form. Please fill out a registration form for each child that you would like to attend camp. It is important that the registration form is filled out completely. Please make sure to indicate which session and program you would like to register your camper for, and on the "fee" line, please enter the "Tier I" price. In the "Payment Information" section, again enter the "Tier I" session fee, and remember to indicate whether you would like transportation, to add store money, and your membership status. If your camper does not have a YMCA Facility Membership or YMCA Program Membership that will be active through August 31, 2014, please add the $50 Program Membership fee.
  3. Deposit. A deposit of $50 is required per session. You may pay the deposit with check, money order, or credit card.
  4. Income Verification. Please send your 2013 Tax Return as income verification (campers need to be listed as dependents on the Tax Return). If you are not filing a 2013 Tax Return, please send TWO of the following income verifications for EACH adult in the household instead (example: if there is one adult in the household, send two income verification documents. If there are two adults in the household, send two documents for Adult #1 and another two documents for Adult #2):
      • Last two months of paycheck stubs
      • Current SSA/Social Security Retirement Documents
      • Current statement of award of benefits for TANF, SSI, GAU, or other public assistance
      • Most recent unemployment check stubs
      • Last two months of bank statements
      • An official letter from a case manager or similar such authorities if you are unemployed, not receiving benefits, are participating in a structured job training or rehabilitation program, or are homeless or living in a homeless shelter.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the YMCA Camping Services office at 206.382.5009 or



 Frequently Asked Questions



How early should I apply?
The earlier, the better. Sessions and programs can fill quickly and Financial Assistance funds are limited. Please apply as soon as you are able to provide all four of the components listed in the "Application Process."

How much Financial Assistance will I receive?

We award Financial Assistance on a sliding scale, based on your household income and the number of people in your household. We award a discount 5-70% Financial Assistance based on this scale. The percentage is applied towards your session fees only (example: if a family qualifies for 50% Financial Assistance and the Tier I cost of the program is $679, they would receive $339.50 in Financial Assistance for that camper). Financial Assistance is not applied toward transportation fees, membership fees, or store account deposits. If you currently receive Financial Assistance from a YMCA of Greater Seattle branch, we will match the percentage that they award your family up to 70%.

What if the program that I try to register my camper for is full?

If the program that you indicated on your Registration Form has already filled, we will add your camper's name to the program's waitlist and call you to discuss alternative programs or sessions.

Will my deposit be refunded if my camper does not attend the program that he or she is registered for?

Our refund policy is that everything, including deposits, is refundable until April 1st. Between April 1st and June 1st, everything but the deposit is refundable. After June 1st, nothing is refundable (except with a doctor's note or proof of other extenuating circumstances). If your camper is a "no-show" (i.e. you do not cancel his or her registration), nothing is refundable. If you know that your camper will not be attending his or her session or would like to move him or her to a different session, please contact us immediately.

How will I be notified of my Financial Assistance Award?
When Financial Assistance is awarded, you will receive an email with an invoice attached showing the session and program for which your camper is registered, the total charges, and the amount of Financial Assistance being awarded. You will also receive an invoice in the mail with other camp materials.

What if my camper is interested in multiple weeks of camp?
In order to be able to give as many kids as possible the opportunity to attend camp, we are only able to award Financial Assistance toward one week of camp per camper per summer. If your camper is interested in attending multiple sessions or a multi-week session, please note that Financial Assistance will only be awarded based on the cost of one week.

What if I'm unable to pay my balance by the June 1st deadline (or upon receipt of invoice if registering after June 1st)?
We can work with you to set up a payment plan that will ensure your balance is paid by the time your camper's session starts. To set up a payment plan, please contact the Camping Services office at 206.382.5009. Again, the earlier you call us to establish a payment plan, the better.

There are extenuating circumstances that should be taken into account with my Financial Assistance application; how can I communicate this?
If you feel that there are circumstances we should be aware of (decrease in income from what is shown on your Tax Return, loss of job, etc.), please include a written description of the circumstances with your application. We will do our best to take these circumstances into consideration when awarding your Financial Assistance.

How will applying for Financial Assistance affect my camper's experience?
Receiving Financial Assistance will have no effect on your camper's experience. Financial assistance is anonymous and camp staff and campers are not told who is or is not receiving Financial Assistance. About 1 in 7 of our campers attend camp with the help of Financial Assistance.

Questions or concerns? Please contact the YMCA Camping Services office at 206.382.5009 or


Financial Assistance